April 11th, 2014
There are so many ways to give…and all are so important. Festoon is about bringing beauty into the world as well as preserving it for future generations. In all of our choices, we strive to minimize our ecological footprint. When deciding on what color line and hair care products to bring to you, we chose Davines because they share our commitment to taking care of the environment and creating beauty sustainably. Davines’ commitment to sustainability spans from the ethically sourced natural ingredients in their products to their product packaging and commitment to education.
For the third year in a row, Davines salons are partnering with The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation. In the first year of the partnership, Sustainable Beauty Day made it possible to plant 6,000 fruit trees in deforested, poverty-stricken areas of Mozambique and South Africa. Last year, the program traveled to Brazil to plant 5,800 more fruit trees! This year to raise money for low-income communities, Sustainable Beauty Day has been extended to Sustainable Beauty Week… but here at Festoon, we are taking it even further and making it Sustainable Beauty Month! For the entire month of April, Festoon will be donating 10% of all carbon-neutral Davines product sales on your behalf.
You can join us in supporting worldwide efforts to plant trees at schools with low-income families, improving nutrition and environmental benefits for generations. At both of our locations we will be accepting donations toThe Fruit Tree Planting Foundation. With any donation of $5 or more, you will receive a Davines Sustainable Beauty pochette as a thank you gift. Or, you can receive this thank you gift with a $2 donation and the purchase of any 2 carbon-neutral Davines products – Essential Haircare, Oi, and More Inside. The carbon dioxide emissions generated by the production of the packaging for these 3 lines are offset by the protection and reforestation of nature reserves in Italy and Costa Rica, as established by the Kyoto Protocol.
Did you know?
These are some of the things we do behind the Festoon curtains!
• We compost all your lovely locks we cut off… unless they are 10” or longer, then we donate to Locks of Love.
• We use Japanese nozzles specially designed for shampoo bowls tocut our water usage by 70%.
• We use paper cups for hygienic reasons and because they are compostable.
• We compost all our tea, coffee and food waste.
• We wash and re-use our color gloves.
• We purchase and use “green” cleaners and laundry detergent
• We recycle all the foil we use for creating your beautiful highlights.
• We don’t buy bottled water, our water is filtered from the tap.
• We recycle 70% of our waste.
Some of the things that Davines does behind the tendaggio!
• Davines created the Authentic Moisturizing Balm & Cleansing Nectar which are free from parabens, silicones, artificial colours and PEG.
• Davines has already contributed to offset the emissions of 40,983,93 lbs of CO2.
• Davines was honored with the title of Zero Impact Ambassador 2013by LifeGate.
• Davines helped LifeGate plant and care for 2,075,379 square meters of forest in 2011.
• Davines has used the renewable energy of the sun, wind, water and soil to supply its production plants in Parma since 2006.
Thank you for supporting us, our values and our eco-friendly Festoon community.